JFDuke3D is 3D Realms' 1996 shooter Duke Nukem 3D updated for modern Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
Compiled versions for supported platforms will come eventually.
All platforms require you to have the game data from an original copy of Duke Nukem 3D, either registered or shareware.
At minimum, you need:
- 64-bit Intel, AMD, or compatible CPU
- OpenGL 2.1 capable GPU
- (Windows) Vista or newer (7, 8, 10)
- (Mac) macOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
Additionally, these platforms and architectures are supported when building from source code:
- 32-bit Intel/AMD, and 32 or 64-bit ARM CPUs
- OpenGL ES 2.0 capable GPUs, e.g.
- Broadcom VideoCore IV (tested with Raspberry Pi 3 B+)
- ARM Mali-T860 (tested with Libre Computer ROC-RK3399-PC)
You can use the game data from any of these editions with JFDuke3D:
- Duke Nukem 3D Registered Version 1.3d for MS-DOS
- Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition 1.4 (Plutonium Pak) for MS-DOS
- Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition 1.5 for MS-DOS
- Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition for Mac OS
- Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary World Tour from Steam, Humble (Note: the fifth episode is not supported)
- Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition from GOG.com (no longer for sale)
- Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition from Steam (no longer for sale)
- Duke Nukem 3D Shareware for MS-DOS
For instructions on how to extract data from those sources, see the documentation. When compiled versions are made available, tools will be provided to do this more easily.